Re: Received in an e-mail: Self explanatory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mthomas on November 13, 2017 at 20:01:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Received in an e-mail: Self explanatory posted by poderac on November 13, 2017 at 18:38:23:

Sounds to me like you were just a little less cowardly than Ted. It may come as a surprise to you, but if you look at your ASVAB score from that period, your score most likely comes in somewhere around 105-110.

The military used these scores to rate people by degrees of undesireability. Yours would most likely have indicated that you could form complete sentences, were lacking in the ability to demonstrate independent thought, and could be relied upon to fall for whatever crap you were told.

Unfortunately, I fell in the least desirable group. I could and would think. I turned down ASA and said I would take whatever came my way. Even at that time I thought that hiding in a protected branch or field was cowardly.

If you could think, you would be able to realize that those who died for freedom, and were able to think also, believed that freedom included making a jackass of yourself in a football stadium.

I'm guessing you are just a tad bit less ashamed of yourself than Ted is of himself. Ted cannot even follow the game laws indicating he still values his wants more than his obligations.

Your basic statement so far is, "I was scared, so I found myself a hidey hole, and I am mad at you for making me face this fact about myself." Whether you hid in Paris like Romney, or in a supply room, you still hid from the big bad boogie man.

You can lie to yourself, but I am not dumb enough to buy it. Furthermore, you started this polemic. I have as much right to my opinion as you do to yours. I stated mine, and you attacked. Ad hominem attacks are the sign of an inability to state a reasoned argument due to being ruled by emotion rather than logic. You should have joined the Girl Scouts.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]