Re: Received in an e-mail: Self explanatory

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mthomas on November 13, 2017 at 11:45:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Received in an e-mail: Self explanatory posted by poderac on November 13, 2017 at 08:45:33:

This has little to do with one being more important than the other. It has to do with cowardice.

It is patently rediculous to compare doing something you want to do with something you are required to do. There is no logical, moral or ethical way to compare doing something one wants to do with doing something that duty and obligation require you to do no matter how odious you find it. By your logic, if one person likes rough sex, rape is okay.

I do not care if it is Trump and his bone spurs, Romney and his bought Mormon mission to Paris, Clinton and his shinanagans or Ted. They let another person stand in harms way rather than stand up.

You signed up at least once if you did 5.5 years. You were not enslaved due to socio economic class. You most likely did not have a wife, children and a career that were negatively impacted. Many draftees did.

I seriously doubt that you were a grunt in Germany when you volunteered for Vietnam. More likely than not you spent your time there as a REMF. If you went. I see you only state you requested transfer, not that you went.

Writing a letter to the editor in no way obviates the cowardice previoulsy shown, or does it compensate those who lost sons, fathers or husbands in the coward's place.

I was damn lucky. The draft negatively impacted my marriage, my employment, my physical and mental well being, I was not given my job back with benefits that would have accrued had I not left, and I was means tested out of the VA benefits I was promised when I stepped forward. This stuff is minor compared to the damage some of my friends received. Ted, and your sucking up to him, dishonors them. Ted should hang his head in shame rather than invoke the image of those who went.

I imagine this reply will not be allowed.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]