Re: You know what just galls me???

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on October 23, 2017 at 21:21:06 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: You know what just galls me??? posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 23, 2017 at 07:52:07:

I attended the Board of Education meeting and read the following into the record:

I have read, and I have a copy of, your protocol to be used during public comments. In no way shall that protocol preclude MY right to my freedom of speech in addressing this board. I will be polite and brief.
Background: I have lived within Lincoln Consolidated Schools district for 67 of my 74 years. I am alumni, 1961; I am prior military, US Army; I am a former Trustee LHS; I am a parent of 3 alumni, one being a 13 year Marine veteran; I am a grandparent.
On Friday, October 20, I came to the Lincoln/Milan football game and the halftime homecoming festivities.
It was a very pleasant evening and there was an exuberant crowd present. I encountered a number of people, some of whom I have not seen in years, and some I did not know until a reference to names of mutual acquaintances.
I was anticipating an enjoyable evening. A very nice arrangement of our National Anthem was played by the Lincoln High School Band.
While facing the flag I was offended to witness some students in the south end zone of the football field, take a knee during the National Anthem. I cannot know what was in their minds and I don’t particularly care. I do know that the United States Flag is NOT a religious symbol, though it is used often at funerals of the fallen to drape their casket. Our National Anthem is NOT a hymn in a religious ceremony. Our Pledge of Allegiance is not a prayer but exactly what it says it is, A PLEDGE. I consider the actions of a few last Friday to be a vile insult to all who have served and sacrificed for our country.
I am holding 2 flags. The first flew over the USS Arizona, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii during our visit to our son in November, 1995. It was unfurled for the Fourth of July parade in Ypsilanti this year. The second flag also flew over the USS Arizona…July 4, 2017.
Yes, these are symbols. Respect what the Flag of The United States of America really stands for.
Respectfully,
John Sanderson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]