Re: Los Vagas Killings

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve Dabrowski on October 04, 2017 at 22:05:01 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Los Vagas Killings posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 03, 2017 at 04:00:30:

I'm probably one of those left coast liberals some like to demonize, but I am also an owner of two pistols and have had a shooting history going back to my pre teens. I have a lot of connections to people in the Democratic party here in California and I really know of no one who is advocating banning all guns. One of my best friends collects and owns well over 100 pistols and rifles, most collector's pieces. California has gone a bit (more than a bit) over the top on restricting clip size, capacities, caliber's etc. But at the same time I believe that there are reasonable actions that can and should be taken with respect to purchase. Reasonable background checks and some flagging of large quantities of weapons being purchased on a short time frame basis do not seem to be onerous actions to take. Even on the purchase of quantities of weapons the fact should possibly trigger an interview to see what is going on-not more than that.

Stopping gun purchases or prohibiting types of weapons is silly and anyone with half a brain should be able to see that, but still some actions are reasonable and it would be good to see both sides try to work out some practical measures.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]