Will the Washington Monument be Next?????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on September 27, 2017 at 11:24:46 [URL] [DELETE] :

Well we took our farewell tour of Monument Avenue yesterday. Soon we are guessing that it will just be called The Avenue. I still cannot see what good it will do to spend a lot of money to tear down some 100 year old monuments, that even the biggest critics need to admit are works of art.
Now holding to the same line of thinking we are wondering how long it will be until the Washington DC City council votes to tear down the Washington Monument. After all George Washington himself propigated slavery. So we cannot see how he will get a pass. I would imagine that tearing down monuments like the Washington Monument could get quite expensive. So now we are wondering where the money is coming from. Will they take the money from the schools budget. Richmond Va Schools are some of the worst performing in the whole country. So we are guessing that taking a couple of million away from them really wont hurt anything.
We are also guessing that the social boost they get from tearing down those old statues will more then make up for their loss of funds. I am wondering if it will show up in their test scores. Interpertation: will there be any positive or tangible results???
Why not just do somethhing positive and move forward.
How has slapping one group in the face ever helped with their overall social and economic relationships???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Politics Forum ] [ FAQ ]