Re: Vaccine Revisited

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gaspump on January 29, 2021 at 23:16:07 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Vaccine Revisited posted by Jack-Iowa on January 29, 2021 at 09:21:03:

In FL it's done by county with cooperation of the State. Our county blew the first two days of 1000 doses each, I'm sure a lot of you saw the long lines of seniors on national news waiting all in line night long. A week later they went to on line applicants. Works like a rock concert ticket rush, sold out in minutes. I got close but no cigar. Publix Supermarkets, a chosen dispenser and in a lot of counties in FL, GA and SC has the on line Applying system too. Walgreens and CVS were supposed to be supplying nursing homes etc but they just lost their contracts for poor performance, a medical operator is taking over. I'm pretty slow on computer ops so lucky to have been close a couple of times. Over 1,000,000 doses given in FL so far so as time passes it will get easier to obtain a slot. When and if you get your first shot you are given a reservation for the second 28 days later. Today I was looking for info on upcoming events on the county site and they passed me on to a new state site that just opened today. You put your name on the new state waiting list. Added me and the Mrs to the new list right then. Not a lot of talk about the new list today but the evening News casts were all over it. Hope it is a success and that I may have beat the huge signup rush!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]