Re: Restoration/mechanical questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nicholas on December 02, 2020 at 15:25:14 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Restoration/mechanical questions posted by Nicholas on November 21, 2020 at 18:55:29:

Hi everyone. I went to where my tractor is located and saw that it was still outside. It apparently hadn't been brought anyplace to get it started and running nicely. I told the owner I was in no rush and anytime after Thanksgiving would be fine with me. Tomorrow will be a week from Thanksgiving. I'm still not in any great rush but I would like to see some movement. I didn't seek him out today to speak with. If I don't hear from him by Dec. 10th, I will pay him a visit and have some discussion. I did give him a deposit on this tractor.
Not sure I mentioned this, but this fellow has quite a tractor collection. The not such good stuff needing much attention, is displayed outside and the better stuff inside. No exaggeration, he has to have at least 100 tractors. Everything from Ford-JD-MM-Farmall-AC and some other stuff I never heard of. The reason I mention this is because he let me see his collection. Some he restored while others are waiting. Most aren't for sale. He did show me an 8N that he had restored sometime ago. It was for sale. It was in the bottom of the barn and partially covered by a tarp. Not the best lighting conditions and had a fair amount of bird excrement on it. I saw it from a distance and didn't get too close. He was asking $5000.00 for it. I didn't show any interest in it at that time and made no counter offer. I had a feeling he was firm. I've been researching and looking at 8N's for several months now. Many nice ones in the mid west but you would have to deal with sight unseen and shipping. I think his was somewhat pricey. The reason I mention this is because occasionally, I'm torn between buying what I have a deposit on vs. this restored tractor. I weigh out the pros and cons to both. One moment I would like one done and the next moment I think about restoring what I hope to eventually have. I actually look forward to the restoration and I look at what parts might be available. I do have to say, that this fellow gives me the impression that he doesn't cut corners. He does things the right way. I don't think that I could go wrong with it, but is it something I really want?? I'm leaning towards staying on course with what I already have a deposit on. I get these idea's every so often. It will be interesting to see where this goes. I will keep everyone posted, Nicholas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]