Re: whole home Solar

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Island Mike on October 03, 2020 at 10:02:58 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: whole home Solar posted by Bob Kuba(TX) on October 01, 2020 at 18:57:39:

I use 12 volts as a back up. The battery is always connected to a tender plugged in to 120 volts. Or and later, I will use a solar panel to charge the battery.
I will use only about three 12 volt LED lights. The stove and non ducted furnace will be propane. I will also have three in the wall 120 volt heaters. The hot water heater will be an on demand propane. The water heater and furnace can be fired with 12 volts. I will also have a water tank and a 12 volt pump. All of this is so I can stay warm, and have hot water for the next time the power goes off. My well pump needs 220 volts, so the generator can not power it. If the power stays off for too long, we run out of gas. I will also have about 1100 gallons of water in outside tanks. Gravity can fill a bucket to get water, or I may use a 12 volt pump.
The above is all being worked on at the moment as I am building the new mansion on my Island. It will be around 775 square feet on two floors. Later i will build a 12 X 14 mansion expansion, and that is where the wood burning stove will go. Plus all the junk that will not fit in the main house. Like the washer and dryer.
Island Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]