Re: Walnut tree sales

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RockyMO on May 09, 2020 at 00:01:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Walnut tree sales posted by 2Ntony on May 05, 2020 at 22:41:29:

There are walnut trees and then there are Walnut Trees. No logger is going to be interested in six run of the mill walnut trees. It will cost more money to bring in the equipment to get them than he will make from them. Six veneer trees however is another story. Prices range from $30 per tree to $10k per tree, it all depends on what they are. The only way to truly know what they are is to cut them down. It is impossible to stand them back up so things get a bit tricky. Check with your state forestry or conservation department. Missouri has great services for landowners and foresters will work with you on marking trees for sale as well as for thinning and timber sale. All at a zero cost to you. Other states may or may not have that service. Shop for loggers and base your knowledge not just on them and their track record but that of their buyers as well. If the trees are healthy and not in decline, the standard thought is to let them grow. I have 40 of them suitable for market out of hundreds, at least half are veneer logs. My forester monitors a couple times per year and so far says to let them grow. He feels they put on $1000 per inch of diameter, well worth waiting for. I also have a good friend who is a logger and owns a commercial saw mill. His good walnuts go to other buyers once he gets them out of the woods. He tells me to wait as well since the price has been declining since Trump started the trade war with China. Best of luck to you but in reality, they are probably not as valuable as you may have been led to believe.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]