Back to bed?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on December 31, 2019 at 14:02:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

Then I can lay there and seek the elusive sleep that runs away at my approach.
The thoughts of the day's activities and the things that still lie ahead of me.

The wants, desires and needs of the future.

All this that sleep throws onto my path while I pursue it.
Sometimes soon I grow weary of the chase and patiently wait it's coming to me.

Like a mis-trusting cat, warily it approaches and should I stir in thought or movement, it flees once more into the darkness leaving me with my thoughts and frustrations.

Sleep.

It came easily to my once youthful days but now as the body grows older it only comes to the edge of my consciousness and if I make no movement, it might come.
But no, like the cat, it knows that I seek to trap it and it flees once more into the night without me.

This game I have come to know quite well and only occasionally can trap it into a restless slumber.

Eventually it might surrender in the early hours of the morning dawn just as I should be getting up to start another day.

Sleep, The magical elixir of life.

I once heard it said,
". . . to sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub. . ."

Sleep.

Once again patiently waiting to resume the pursuit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]