Re: Snake season

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry TX on September 24, 2019 at 13:07:50 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Snake season posted by Tim Daley(MI) on September 20, 2019 at 06:41:04:

We have everything imaginable here Tim so it might be in u'r favor that u didn't move here anyway back when: walked out to my shop yesterday to see if the date sticker on the LP of my utility trailer was expired (yeah of course, it was) and fortunately looked down low before I tripped over it, but lying all alongside a very flattened 11.6 X 28 right rear tire on my Ferguson 35, was what first appeared to me to be a very large dead animal of some sort with serious looking fur, but the object had no foul odor. Looking even closer to the pile of whatever, I began to see 100's of small flying insects going in and out of many holes in the object, but not having my glasses on, I couldn't tell what these insects were. Retrieving my specs and getting a closer look, I then realized these were a huge colony (most likely 1,000's) of ground nest building yellow jackets! What appeared to be a light colored animal fur was actually the critter's layered paper home that spans the entire length of the flattened tire and then wraps around the front and rear treads, and at the greatest height up the sidewall, is at least 8 - 10 inched of more nest. At my age of nearing 75 in only a few weeks, I feel too untrustworthy to attack it myself (in my former career, I've seen far too many anaphylactic shock deaths from bee/wasp stings), so I've got a professional coming over to deal with the little farts!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]