New to-me Toy

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K.LaRue-VA on September 16, 2019 at 15:38:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

One of my tractors got stuck in a creek crossing. Then we had more rain and rising water before I could get down there with my winch. Fortunately, the water didn't get high enough to flood the engine or gear case.

The tractor came out OK and is fine. The experience got me wishing for something that could haul tools and firewood across that creek. Maybe even with a cab that would be a little more comfortable this Winter. One option would be to trade up one of my tractors, but I'm mostly happy with what I have. Any 4x4 cab tractor is way out of my price range.

This was the solution that seemed to fit best. It's an old Polaris Ranger. Basically a motorcycle engine running on-demand 4-wheel drive. The bed is rated to haul 1000 pounds, and easily dumps a full load of firewood. I added the soft cab with removable doors for $50 and got a bit carried away with LED lights. It's already been across the creek with tires that are about done. The width is under 60" so it fits the trails I cut with a 5' cutter. There are a few low branches and leaning trees that are difficult or impossible to get under with the cab. Didn't realize how much leaning and ducking I was doing on the tractors until I tried to go down the same trails in the Ranger.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]