Re: Robocalls

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe in Texas on April 02, 2019 at 07:16:12 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Robocalls posted by Dean on March 28, 2019 at 07:56:44:

There is an underlying issue I have with the whole mess. (Forgive me if you have seen my comments on this before....) With all these unwanted calls, supposedly trying to do something to separate you from your money, do any of you know anyone who has ever bought anything from any of the callers? Anything, insurance, trips, prizes, whatever it is they are trying to push?

I don't know of anyone at all. So the big question to me is: Assuming a large percentage is really sales oriented, how do they survive? What is the acceptable rate of return? 1%...2%...or something smaller than that?

Now, I know that many are simply what they seem to be, scams aimed at taking advantage of whoever is dumb enough to answer the phone. Even at that, what is the accepted rate of return there?

I just don't get it in this kind of business model. Maybe it can be compared to using a shotgun: If one pellet out of a handful makes contact the whole shell isn't wasted on the shot.

I answer most of my incoming calls, partially because I work and many calls I receive are legit from numbers I don't know. The first word or two from the robocall gets a quick hang up. This is only annoying, nothing else. I pay for that phone and what it does for me. There needs to be a way for the caller to be billed for unwanted calls.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]