Re: Health

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John in Mich on March 02, 2019 at 10:05:33 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Health posted by dave#1 on March 01, 2019 at 23:06:05:

After reading your post and the 3 follow-up, I think the common denominator is Ford tractor collector syndrom. (Is that political?)
Joking aside, I just found out the results of my EKG last week. A telephone call on day two or our vacation to Texas. I have an aneurysm at 4cm. Damn! That was a diagnosis 5 years ago when it actually turned out to be a tumor in the upper abdomin, non-hodgkins lymphoma.
So, lose some weight, keep blood pressure down, more exercise and no excitement. (the last part is easy, no sex at 7ty-sex) I deal with stress with humor.
All: pay attention to doctors and family. Medicare sucks as for preventative medicine. How do I know? You get a wellness check, hands off. It would NOT have shown any symptoms until too late.
The first issue was noted as a critical aneurysm (5.8 cm) when I paid for "Lifeline Screening" at a clinic hosted by my local township. That was actually my cancer.
This year I told my doctor that I wanted a complete physical. He said Medicare does not pay for that. I said, "I don't care, do it! I'll pay out of pocket." Unhuh! EKG scheduled.
Now, my oldest son, 52, refuses to get a physical. Yup, 13 year Marine. TUFF! No, being stupid and I told him so. Family history of heart trouble and cancers. GRRR!
My father died at 53, second heart attack. My mother had thoracic surgery in 1956 at age 41 at the University of Michigan. She was given max 10 years to live. She survived uteran cancer and then found out she had food allergies all of her life. She lived to 85.
My wife survived cancer 22 years ago. She is 78. My daughter had a melanoma 7 years ago. She is 50.
Wake up, son!
I'll get off my milk crate stand now. Life is good.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]