Re: F150 4.6 saga continues

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lonestarjeff on January 21, 2019 at 22:52:43 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: F150 4.6 saga continues posted by Dave2N on January 20, 2019 at 12:15:07:

Extended crank in certain conditions(after 1st drive of the day & cool down)has been going on for the last 3-4 years. No scanner, no oil pan drop, no compression test.....no codes so far. I've pulled the cam sensor connector to check it, seems to be fine.

Pulled the plugs on the right side saturday. #2 is black like the right side o2 sensor, but oily wet. Years ago that cylinder started having leak-down issues after using synthetic oil for a few thousand miles. The cylinder never fouled out during that time, but I got a good fogging every morning on start-up until I went back to conventional oil. Since then(75k miles ago)this is the 1st sign of oil smoke I've seen. The only reason I can come up with is the truck sat for over a month while a did the timing kit.

I still can't relate any of these "new" symptoms to the engine noise that sent me down the path of changing out the timing kit. Unless....that valve was already sticking because of a seal going south(hence the pre-kit tapping). Then, after a month of sitting, the seal cracked or split & now it's leaking like a sieve.

I wish now I had looked closer at things under that cam before closing things up.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]