Re: How do you keep busy?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on January 20, 2019 at 05:07:44 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: How do you keep busy? posted by Farmer Dan on January 19, 2019 at 07:52:11:

I usually use the winter for projects like rebuilding carbs and distributors. I have three carbs in queue now, one will be going on my 8N in the spring. My latest project is resurrecting a few vintage Ford/Motorola/Bendix car radios for a friend. I'm trying to find a schematic for them but no luck thus far. These used vacuum tubes -solid state/IC's were not around in the 50's. It shouldn't be hard tracing the circuit upstream -one wire will be 12V power; another the speaker connection, stereo wasn't invented yet either so only a single monaural output; another wire for the ground; and the fourth for the antenna. I found a lot of places that claim to "restore" your vintage radio but most all just want to convert the shells into CD, DVD, and MP3 players -no thanks. If I owned a vintage car or truck, I'd want the OEM AM radio, FM car radios were not invented yet either. One could always add a hidden CD player and have ho-made CD's of period correct music playing and in mono too. Maybe add a reverb unit to the system as many guys had in the 50's.

Anyway, see you later today, Danny Boy...I'll bring some of my homemade Navy Bean Soup. It'll be a quick warmer-upper on this day, currently showing 7F. We only got 4"-5" of snow here but I shoveled last night and drifts were over 12".

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]