Re: 6" Dial Calipers with counter?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 26, 2018 at 11:04:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 6" Dial Calipers with counter? posted by Bruce Dorsi on December 26, 2018 at 08:27:41:

Yes, Bruce. My MITUTOYO 6" (150mm) Digital Calipers have the INCH scale on the bottom rail and the METRIC scale on the top rail of the bar. The INCH scale is marked every .100" by a hash mark and each inch numbered as well. the METRIC scale is also marked every 10mm and marked off as such, 10, 20, 30 et al. I don't know how mush more you need. As I said I do not trust anything digital anyway. I have seen too many errors with digital equipment. I spent over 35 years in automotive manufacturing. From small jobs hops to low volume and very high volume production shops to the assembly lines. One wrong move on a digital mic and you are screwed. The zero button can be pressed by accident and thus all measurements after will be wrong. Part of my job was with QC doing gage calibration and Gage R&R Studies. News Flash: Digital Measuring Devices WIL NOT PASS A Gage R&R Study. A standard Starrett micrometer and the like requires calibration to be done with a special wrench and using JO-BLOKs and/or a set of precision standards. I'll use my digitals when I need a quick ballpark answer like measuring a drill size or bolt size. Otherwise it's my old reliable dial calipers and mics.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]