Re: CRAFTSMAN TOOLS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 22, 2018 at 14:32:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: CRAFTSMAN TOOLS posted by Mower on December 22, 2018 at 11:09:03:

Making it up? Hardly. It is you with incorrect 'facts', friend. Kresge was NOT renamed K-MART. The SS Kresge Co. was first having opened several value-priced retail stores, beginning in the Detroit area. K-MART was a spin-off of like stores by the Kresge Co in the 60's. There were always two separate stores after then -the Kresge ones and the K-Mart ones. Kresges had a lunch counter. K-mart did not. They both sold these little ham & cheese sandwiches for like 3 for a buck and these ice cream sandwiches too. J.L. Hudson was the big department store in downtown Detroit. Sears, Roebuck was also there along with SS Kresge and Woolworth. The 60's brought more people to the suburbs and thus they all started branching out. Shopping malls began to appear and every one had a Hudsons, Sears, and Kresge outlet. The SS KRESGE COMPANY WORLD HEADQUARTERS (later renamed K-MART CORP) was built in the early 70's about 3 miles from where I lived. My brother was one of the very first new employees to be hired there and literally was the last one to be let go when they folded up 20 years later. My friend and guitarist my band also worked there and I knew of several of my schoolmates who got hired too. As far as the CRAFTSMAN TOOLS go, they have a long history of who owned them and where they were made. There is an old member here, hasn't posted in years, Phil Warner, who worked for MOORE when they had moved to Arkansas and were still supplying Craftsman tools. FWIW: Edsel Ford's wife, Eleanor Lowthian Clay, was the niece of J.L. Hudson -betcha didn't know that. Don't rely on Wikipedia for your 'facts'.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]