Re: CRAFTSMAN TOOLS

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on December 19, 2018 at 23:41:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: CRAFTSMAN TOOLS posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 19, 2018 at 09:42:34:

The sale of Craftsman Tools was the first sign of the slow death of Sears.
They are Capping it off here this year with several of the local Sears stores closing.
I think that Sears blew it big time. They had an existing network of stores and supply and distribution and a history of catalog sales.
Yet they refused to evolve with the times and compete with Amazon.
They let their customer service go to non existent in the stores and if you did buy something from them on line they proceeded to badger you with hundreds of emails every week.
I remember when a Sears store was a thing of beauty.
John Boats, Shotguns, water skis, boots, coats, Fishing rods, re-curved bows, new stoves and refrigerators, trolling motors, outboard motors, ammo, nails, screws, hammers, drills, table saws, radial arm saws, sanders, motorcycles, bicycles, lawn mowers, garden tillers, and on and on.
I can still close my eyes and see the inside of the store as a 12 year old, with rows of shotguns and fishing rods on racks that spun around like a jewelry kiosk, and the racks of hunting coats and hats next to the re-curved bows.
Sears HAD Everything! No more... Too bad..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]