Re: 'dis here's Bob.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on October 06, 2018 at 08:15:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: 'dis here's Bob. posted by Bruce(OR) on October 05, 2018 at 12:43:00:

Answering call that you don't recognize is a bad idea. Once you make the connection they have you as a legit number and things can get worse from there. Today most everyone uses a cell phone. An incoming call will be listed in your phone display window. If you have the number in your address book, it should display the name/business of the caller as well. If i don't know you, I am not going to answer your call. You can leave a Voice Message and I will get back to you. If a VM is not left, chances are it is SPAM/PHISHING/AUTOMATED call. If you only have a land line, this is one reason why answering machines were invented. My time is precious. My privacy too is important. There is no law that says every time the phone rings, I have to drop what I'm doing and answer it. Unlike today's young people, I don't live with my phone glued to my hand 24/7. When I'm working in the shop, at home, or in the fields, my phone is parked on the bench or table. If it rings, it will go to VM if I don't answer it. I will check my VM's when it is CONVENIENT for me. Sometimes I won't check them for a day or two either. There are much more important things in life than a GD cell phone. Bottom line, my advice, don't answer a call you don't recognize.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]