Re: Bombardier

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry TX on August 03, 2018 at 09:29:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Bombardier posted by John in Mich on August 01, 2018 at 15:09:35:

The military vehicle collector's club (Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool) I serve as president of displayed our iron at an aviation show several years ago at Houston's William P. Hobby Airport in celebration of the re-opening of the original terminal building and control tower. At that particular celebration, the Collings Foundation displayed their F4 jet, B25, B24 and Sykorsky helocopter, all of which we members were given permission to tour through before the gates opened to the public. Additionally, a TWA twin four engine Constellation (called a Twin Connie) was on display and we toured that fine plane as well. The Colling's staff allowed each of us to sit our rumps in the seats of the F4 - how neat that was. Though the foundation owns a B17, I cannot recall if it was on display that day or not, but the B17 called the Thunderbird is currently on display at the newly opened Lone Star Flight Museum at Ellington Airport just a few miles from me. All of the vintage planes that the Collings Foundation owns are maintained and in flying condition, with the exception of the helo which I understand eventually crashed and was not able to be restored.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]