Re: Can we keep it simple?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lonestarjeff on July 25, 2018 at 20:10:08 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Can we keep it simple? posted by steveVa on July 15, 2018 at 11:50:03:

The news is not good if you need ongoing health services unless you are in a bracket to game the system. That's basically what Obamacare was & is, a way for a certain segment of the population to get their basic healthcare on middle America's dime.....but I digress & I'll stop before my blood pressure rises too high....

We looked at medicare options(like you)last year. There are dozens of offerings depending on your state & county that will range in price & service coverage & dependents, but they all fall short of full coverage; hence, the concept of Medi-gap or supplemental coverage. Supplemental is a second policy with a second premium & a second set of coverages & rules & loopholes. It's basically a way for the insurance companies to legally double-dip & double the complications. Those who can't afford to pay the double-dip usually opt to forego the supplemental & pay more out of pocket for the basic health services & pray nothing major happens.

There is another version they are now offering that is designed to replace the 2-policy(medicare + supplemental)system. I can't remember what it's called, but it's another catchy name like Mediflex or Medipac or something. It's a whole other product offered by the insurance companies under one premium, but once you sign up you can't go back to the 2-part system(at least not in Texas). That alone tells you it's only advantageous for certain people.

That is my basic understanding of the landscape for current Medicare options.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]