Re: tractor fire in the garage

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry TX on March 13, 2018 at 21:44:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: tractor fire in the garage posted by burthudson on March 13, 2018 at 20:50:45:

As a now retired firefighter of 43 plus years, having served near half that time as the Chief of this city, I feel your pain Burt for I've seen the damage fire causes up close and personal far too many times. Reading your story tells me you did everything possible regarding fire prevention to your property, even having fire extinguishers well placed for quick and easy access in your garage. Sadly, you had no way of knowing ahead of time that a short would occur in the tractor, resulting in a fire.

Quite obviously, the pooling of the diesel fuel below the Kubota was your enemy in this incident, but you did the best you could to extinguish the inferno. If only you'd had a good water source and supply line to have been able to saturate the wood floor and ceiling, that alone may have been of greater assistance in suppressing the flame-up!

Your story, along with mentioning that you shut off the fuel tank supply lines in your tractors when putting them away is truly a great fire prevention teaching tool and is sincerely appreciated by this old fireman - thanks for sharing it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]