Re: Gold Demonstrator

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SelectOSpeed on February 25, 2018 at 09:11:28 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Gold Demonstrator posted by Gary Cox on February 24, 2018 at 14:57:44:

Interesting. Personally I've never seen a 601 series Goldie. Mind you now I'm not saying there never was, just all I've ever seen were 801-901s. Anyway, I assume it is a Diesel by your manifold number. Unfortunately the serial numbers on Diesels didn't survive well due to battery corrosion on the bell housing. Kirk has put you in the ball park on SN range and dating codes. Other areas of approximate date codes are on the top right rear corner of the upper radiator tank IF it is the original one from factory. Also, on the muffler IF it is the original from factory. The date code will be under the Oval FOMOCO stamping at the rear of the muffler. Original Diesel mufflers had a higher survival rate than Gasoline engines by being preserved by the Oily, Smutty exhaust. Both the Radiator and Muffler codes will give you the Month and Year of when they were respectively made. NOT the assembly date of the Tractor, but the date the parts were made, but owing to the demand of production you will be within a month or two of actual Tractor birthday. Member GasPump can shed light on 601 Goldies existence for sure. If in fact they were, I feel sure you have not only a rare piece, but having Dads tractor is a Big plus in sentiments. Do you recall any problems the tractor had and Fords solutions on it ? Pics would be nice ! SoS.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]