Re: Guns on Craigs list

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on February 17, 2018 at 16:07:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Guns on Craigs list posted by Ed Gooding (VA) on February 16, 2018 at 08:39:15:

Totally agree.
The thing that scares me about gun control is the all or none mentality.
The people who think that outlawing guns will solve the problem are wrong.
I really don't care if they outlaw an AR, because I don't need one or want one.
But if we let them outlaw the AR, the next thing they do will be to outlaw the Mini-14 because it has the same functionality. Then on and on. So most of us oppose any gun control because of a valid fear that they will eventually outlaw all guns, if we let them start with one like the AR.
Also, the all or none mentality comes in to play with mental evaluations. Who decides who can or cannot buy a gun. I would say that we have a better chance of controlling gun violence by controlling who can buy a gun, but then who decides who is un-fit. Felons are outlawed from buying guns, but most have one if they want one and nobody check on that until they shoot someone. No one wants to give up a right, or allow profiling of a certain ethnic background because of the belief in equal rights. But the only answer that I see is enforcement and monitoring. But that will require some common sense as well and too many governmental employees do not seem to apply any common sense.
It is like the 0 tolerance laws, there is no common sense left to the decisions so many well meaning and normal people get caught in those. What we need is a return of common sense.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL:
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]