Re: Joking with the Nurse's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on January 28, 2018 at 21:18:33 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Joking with the Nurse's posted by Charles (N.C.) on January 28, 2018 at 10:48:11:

The surgery was fun. I was on blood thinner too soon to surgery and that nullified the epidural. So, no epidural for pain and that got me the option of pills for pain which cause constipation. Try that with the stomach muscles chopped out. So...I spent a few days feeling like I got gut punched by the Incredible Hulk and tried to make due with a topical pain relief. The medical staff was impressed that I was doing as few pain pills as I was. I do remember the first day of "You have to get out of bed."
They came back the second day. Then came the "You have to walk routine".
That was after about 4 days and I walked and talked at the same time even carrying the walker out in front of me for some distance. BOY! Did that get the nurse excited!
I might not have gone the distance, but it was entertaining. After that trick, I pretty much got left alone for the remaining few days in the ward. Kidny replacement ward I think it was. I was an odd ball and always have been.

You should ask them what kind of light bulb you will need. I mean after all, you have radiation now so that is the energy source so what kind of light bulb do you need? Or are you just going to glow and no bulb needed?? In that case, you should ask for a sleeping mask to keep the light out.

God Bless!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]