Re: Transplanting trees

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave Smith on January 27, 2018 at 14:42:41 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Transplanting trees posted by Hank on January 27, 2018 at 09:33:05:

This may sound weird to you
Since 1988 I have planted over 15000 trees on this place. Some I had very good luck with, some not so good luck. I do not have a green thumb.
I got most of the trees from the county extension service here in New York. I planted Norway spruce, white spruce, black walnuts. mammoth hickory's, Chinese chestnuts ( No luck at all with them) and white pines. I used a jump stick for some and for some I used a post hole digger. With the post hole digger I would dig a hole about 18 inches deep. Throw a couple of tree food pellets in, shove the loose dirt in and plant the tree on top. Many of these trees are 20 to 30 foot tall now.
Here in Western NY I had to put tree tubes over the nut trees to keep the deer from eating them off.
They don't seem to bother the spruce and pines. But the have really raised he!! with the cedar shrubs I planted here near the buildings.

Now the weird thing, In remembrance of dogs that I have berried, I planted a tree on top of them. The trees I planed over the dogs grew three times faster than other trees I planted at the same time.
My kids know that when I die, I want to be cremated. I want them to dig a hole and put my ashes in and plant a tree on top of me. Since the laws will not let them put my whole body in.
Dave <*)))><

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]