Re: Looking To Buy New Gun

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by mthomas on December 15, 2017 at 02:37:15 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Looking To Buy New Gun posted by Tim Daley(MI) on December 14, 2017 at 10:34:33:

Not one post so far addresses the things you need to consider before purchasing a new handgun. I have been selling them for years, and on a daily basis I see someone recommending a handgun that will not fit the purpose or the purchaser.

I had a lengthy reply typed out, but the computer ate it. Your best bet is to go to a gun store. Not a sporting goods store run by minimum wage people that should more properly be flipping burgers. Find an old fart who grew up with a gun in his hand and talk with him. Handle as many as you can. Consider size, weight, grip width, grip angle, sights, trigger type and pull, and your ability to easily manipulate the gun. If the old fart tries to sell you a gun, go somewhere else.
I have heard it said more women are packing in bras that do not fit properly than those packing in the right bra. I would bet there are more people packing a gun that that does not fit them than those that have one that fits.

New out of the box, I have sent a few Smiths, Kimbers and Rugers back to the factory for repair. Customer service has been excellent from these companies. I have never sent a Sig, Glock, Springfield, or high end 1911 back straight from the box.

I have heard rumors of problems with the Sig 938, but have never met a person with first hand experience that had a problem.

If I have not mentioned a particular brand here, that is not a snub unless it is a Taurus or Rossi. I have sent them back multiple times.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]