12 volt electrical Question?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on December 07, 2017 at 14:03:27 [URL] [DELETE] :

12 volt Electrical Question?
I am building another bank of batteries for my solar collectors to batteries to 120 volt inverter electrical systems. I have several sizes of batteries available, but have always heard that you should use the same size batteries when building an array.
I am currently just connecting 4 same size batteries in parallel, charging them with a solar controller and running an 800 watt inverter to get 120 volts. It works great, but will discharge the batteries more the 50% after a few days depending on the amount of things I run from the system.
Is there a simple way to safely parallel different size batteries??
I bought two high amp hour batteries, but they are smaller in size then the larger car batteries that I am using now.
I have a marine battery isolator that allows me to charge two separate batteries without one discharging the other, but it seems to confuse the solar controller.
I think it is because the controller cannot get the feed back it needs through the marine battery isolator.
Is there a simple way to parallel different size batteries together?
Also, if one battery is bad or has a bad cell, will the bad battery hurt others that are parallel with it?? Thanks in advance for any input.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]