Re: weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on November 23, 2017 at 06:07:56 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: weights posted by Fred on November 22, 2017 at 17:38:27:

I don't know what you mean by 'hang-on' weights, but the N's never had weight sets as optional equipment. If you mean the pie-weights, they weren't introduced until the Hundred Series Models. Then there were two different sets, a 28# set and a HD set at 45#, that's each pie segment. It was advised not to use the HD weights on the 600 tractor as the axles wouldn't support the added weight. ALL 9N, 2N, and 8N models were using calcium chloride for added ballast in the tires. Now, that all being said, many have used the pie weights on their N's as you can use only half or less of the pie segments and not limit out/exceed the capabilities of the axles. Pie weights consist of 12 segments per side mounted on a special plate using special stud extenders. Complete and incomplete original used sets pop up all the time on fleabay and elsewhere. If there are no stud extenders, the set is useless. Many only use 6 or even 4 weights per side and they work fine. Now there were also aftermarket companies that offered axle weights too which mounted behind the fenders and under the axle -SEE LINK for one example. I have a complete set of 45# pie weights but have never used them on my working '48 8N. I have my work tires loaded with Beet Juice -trade name is Rim Guard™. You can find their contact info in our LINKS forum.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]