Tons of programs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kurt IA on November 02, 2017 at 08:08:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: New technoligy posted by Dave Smith on October 31, 2017 at 18:47:23:

I have Windows 10 on one computer and have no problem putting software on it. I have LibreOffice that is FREE. It reads and writes MicroSoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint files. I have GIMP which is a photo editing program as powerful as Adobe Photoshop. and it's FREE too. For editing sound files I have Audacity which can record sounds from a Youtube video and then create a wav file or an MP3 file, it too is free.
There are simpler photo editing programs such as Paint.net that edit images and it's free too. There are video players such as VLC or JET which are both free to play video's and there is Handbrake that will convert a video to MP4.
All of these are on my Windows 10 computer along with many others and they run just fine.
Each one has been scanned after download to make certain it's virus free prior to installing.
I also have AVG free anti-virus and Malwarebytes anti-virus which are both free to check and protect along side of the Microsoft Defender which is pretty good.
To search for free programs I use Google and search thus: open source paint program.
That weeds out the trial versions or look for the ones I just mentioned.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]