Re: Need advice on used tractor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dean on August 27, 2017 at 16:20:02 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Need advice on used tractor posted by Danny in AR on August 27, 2017 at 14:00:36:

The MF 35 is a great small utility tractor, and the Perkins diesel versions, as in the ad, are by far the best. Moreover, the pictured 35 is the Deluxe version, i.e., live PTO, full gauge package, (originally) PA rims, (the pictured unit does not have PS, but most do), etc.

The MF 35 will do about twice the work as will an 8N and the Perkins diesel versions will sip fuel doing so. I've worked them hard and it is just about impossible to put much more than a gallon per hour through one of the A (or AD)152 Perkins engines. Moreover, the 5" stroke diesel engine will amaze the 8N owner with its torque.

The pictured 35 looks to be a well cared for tractor and the price looks to be very good, absent serious issues.

I owned 2 MF 35s in the past. They are great small utility tractors but they are 55+ years old. Most parts are available but prices will be higher than similar parts for the ubiquitous 8N and not so readily available. Additionally, MF/AGCO dealers are less common than are CNH dealers (at least in my area) and I have had VERY bad experiences with MF/AGCO and their dealers.

That said, I would likely buy the pictured tractor (after a phone call), sight unseen.

Dean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]