Re: SURFS UP!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Larry (TX) on August 27, 2017 at 09:47:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: SURFS UP!!! posted by Tim Daley(MI) on August 26, 2017 at 17:27:38:

That they did Tim, and many still do today, however today's more heavily manpowered Beach Patrol units in populated cities along the coast keep those nuts away.

The big problem with this storm according to what I'm hearing from the NWS and local weather gurus is that because Harvey is situated between two separate high pressure systems high in the atmosphere, there are no steering currents, thus he's pretty much sitting stationary, and as he's so big that outer bands of rains are continuously circling and being pulled back in towards the center and it's these bands of heavy rains that are causing flash floods over our entire area - yep, we've got lot's of water down here, but as of now after enduring heavy downpours throughout the night, we're still okay. The 55 acre usually dry bottom retention pond positioned 30' from the rear of my property now has more water in it than 've seen to date - if the rain let's up enough, I'll snap some photos and e-mail them to you later today. Though the rains are now only slight, the NWS says they'll continue at least through Tuesday and possibly into Wed. & Thurs. - sure hope not!

Later fellows!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]