Club Car 36 Volt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 49er swGA on August 02, 2017 at 09:38:51 [URL] [DELETE] :

Yes, I reckon that saying is true, "When it Rains, It Pours!"
I`ve not been frequent or real active on NTC, I do check in once in a awhile though...
BUT here this week, I`ve been fairly frequent, what with the "Boil Over" question & answer thread ..
Through our combined experience I am on the right track with that, Thank YOU!!.
But NOW, I got a neighbor what needs our Guru`s experience with these Golf Carts...
The Fuse blew in the charge circuit AFTER the Negative wire got hot enough to SMOKE..
Then when he lifted the wire it came apart in his hand...
Previous to my looking at it, the wire had been "Farmerized" with TWO smaller gauge wires with crimped on connecters, THAT! I think was the problem?

I "Dennis Rigged" one strand of a piece of wire to substitute the fuse and replaced the wire also to charge the batteries & check to see IF something else were a problem...

NOT being a stickler for "OrgigYnal" there are modifications, which I HOPE I have improved upon...
Installing & replacing the Heavier Negative Wire to the Battery was the first "Improvement", which I`m sure helped...
BUT, NOW We agreed on replacing that fuse to protect the circuit with an inline Fuse rather than the high priced "Club Car" fuse...
He did get the batteries charged, and rode the cart, so My "Dennis Rig" works :)
I`ve just started looking online to find the "Value" of the fuse, and stopped here this morning...
Last night, I visited Buggies Gone Wild forums to read their input...
But I ain`t signed up with them to post yet...
Do any of you know the rating of this fuse???

I KNOW our technical Gurus are Good!
So...
My quest sterted here,
Dennis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]