Re: Cardinal Rule For Snakes and Spiders

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on July 10, 2017 at 11:10:31 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Cardinal Rule For Snakes and Spiders posted by Mower on July 06, 2017 at 17:36:57:

It's just the stigma of all snakes being poisonous. We only have one venomous snake species here in Michigan, that we know of; no data out on how many 'pets' have been let go into the wild because the douchewaffle owners couldn't care for them when they got bigger. Even those are rarely seen and live pretty much near swampy areas. I once was camping at a state park with a girlfriend and on a sunny afternoon all hell broke loose on a beach as s stupid young dad was beating to death a large harmless non-venomous water snake, yelling for everyone to get out of the water, and run far away. As I ran to the beach I thought at first someone was drowning or something, and I saw him clubbing the snake with a baseball bat, I grabbed him and the bat, told him it was harmless water snake and it wouldn't hurt anybody but he insisted I was wrong, that he knew snakes, and tried to continue to plummet the snake more but who by this time was dead anyway. The DNR Park Rangers arrived, encountered me as though I was the perp, until I explained the story. They agreed I was right and the punk dad was wrong and took him to the office. I don't know if he ever got fined, ticketed, or whatever but no one went back in the lake that day. Similar story with a former neighbor only it was large basic garter snake. His granddaughter was heading towards their pool when she started screaming. Grandpa ran out to see her petrified as the snake was trying to slither away. He took a shovel and pummeled it to death. When I arrived he was still smashing it. I then asked him why he was killing a harmless garter snake. Just replied it was a poisonous type of garter snake...people are ignorant sometimes. In both cases each species does more good with rodent and varmint control than they can imagine.

Tim Daley(MI)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]