Re: Gun Guys??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on June 06, 2017 at 11:50:47 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Gun Guys?? posted by Roby-Ga on June 06, 2017 at 10:00:54:

I am getting some good info thus far and really value all you guys experience and recommendations. I found a good short read about the 308 vs the 30-06 which seems to make a good case for the 308 being a smaller round with basically the same performance as the 30-06. What weight bullets do you use? Just curious.
Also, it looks like there is a Winchester Model 770 and a Remington Model 770 in 308 or 30-06. Also looks like Cheaper then dirt has 308 ammo available a bit cheaper then 30-06 in some off brands, but for the most part about the same cost in brand names.
I like hearing the various model and caliper recommendations and especially like hearing the experience from the field.
The last buck I shot was with a 20 ga. slug from a Winchester auto shotgun. Luckily it only ran 50 feet. Unluckily, I was actually turkey hunting and had walked a mile or more back in the woods. Dragging that one out wore me out...
Thanks for the input thus far, still want to learn some more...
All my relatives up in the Pa mountains use rifles and they shoot at deer from 100 to 300 yards. So I don't want to show up with my 20 ga...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]