Chop chop day coming up

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on May 17, 2017 at 00:58:20 [URL] [DELETE] :

Dec 26 last year I got the diag. of germ cell cancer and a sizable blood clot in the left lung. That involved the R kidney, vena cava and the aorta and possible liver and left kidney. One surgeon was nice enough to look at the mess and declare me a good candidate to bleed out on the table after 8 hours of slice and dice. He said after chemo, the tumor might shrink far enough to chop on. 4 sessions of chemo and blood thinner, the clot is long gone and the tumor is now at 1/2 size. He still passed on the opportunity of chop on me and referred me to another hospital for a urologist and her team to have a look.
Me, being the sma*rt ~ss that I am, volunteered, to the new surgeon, that now I could bleed out in 4 hours....being as the tumor is 1/2 size....
Well the new urologist surgeon started at Stanford, went to Harvard and residency at John Hopkins. She's been outa school now for 2 years and was happy to see no prior slices on me and has me slotted for May 31. God willing, that will lay me up in the hosp for a week after that and after that is all up to God. Still on the job, just burning up all kinds of vacation time. Might take it down to 1/2 vacation, 1/2 no pay. That should be enough to keep the rent paid.
The bad news for me being that I lost a bet to the wife today and I can't get another tractor anytime soon. (RATS!!)
Bad news for her being that next Friday, her birthday, she will be spending the entire day shuttling me from one appointment to another get this that and the other test done.
So basically, I get a liver removal the 31st and then who knows how long before I am walking. Need to stop by the machine shop tomorrow and pick up my 881D engine block. The wife had the oncologist willing to put this off until the end of summer. The urologist nixed that idea, with a real pained look on her face, and so goes my summer. Got a short time to get things laid up for the duration.
God Bless you one and all. Just remember, each implement needs it's own tractor.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]