Re: Do it yourself?? VS Hired help?? Follow up to Joes Help..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beth and Allen on May 10, 2017 at 08:45:18 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Do it yourself?? VS Hired help?? Follow up to Joes Help.. posted by steveVa on May 09, 2017 at 22:20:23:

I am definitely a diy,1st out of necessity since we were too poor to hire someone else to repair things,2nd because I always enjoyed taking things apart to repair them and figuring out what went wrong and seeing if I could improve it in some way.Although been there have been times when I had to take something to a so called expert and gotten irritated when I realized I knew as much or more than the expert.Like the time I took my Kenworth to a shop because I didn't have the right equipment to do the repairs and telling the mechanic to get the hell away from my truck. I am constantly amazed at some of the things a lot of men don't know how to do. I also would rather build something myself than hire someone to build it for me. Like when my wife insisted we hire a builder for our new house instead of me taking a year off and building it ourselves,by the time it was finished my wife said she wished she had let me do it my way. Even now 17 years later she is still saying the same thing.When it comes to doing any thing I'm not fast because I apply a healthy dose of common sense and make sure it is done right. As for the chicken or egg question yes I've broken things worse by doing it myself but I use that as a learning experience. Working on thing myself is also very therapeutic for me when I have a lot on my mind. Sorry for rambling on so much, God Bless, Beth and Allen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]