Do it yourself?? VS Hired help?? Follow up to Joes Help..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by steveVa on May 09, 2017 at 22:20:23 [URL] [DELETE] :

Probably preaching to the choir here on the tractor site, but who here is a do it yourselfer???
Or I should probably ask who here is not a do it yourselfer??
Folks who fix old tractors are most likely do it yourself types.
But belive it or not there are a lot of folks out there who are not DiYS...My father in law was one of those. He believed that repairs of any type were best left to the "experts". He would argue that the experts would do it quicker and better. Car repair, house repair, appliance repair, all types, he would hire someone to fix or repair.
He would also argue that this freed him up to do the things that he enjoyed, or to make money at his regular job.
Now I was the type that figured that I could change my own oil in the time it would take for me to drive to giffy lube, but the older I get the more I have my inspection mechanic change the oil as long as I have to be there any way.
This to me is similar to those who do not want to learn to do things. They would rather drive the tractor rather then work on the tractor.
Most of us also enjoy working on and fixing the tractor... So here comes the chicken and the egg discussion... Do they not like to work on tractors, or cars etc. Or are the afraid of breaking something because they are not good at it???
What say you guys... ???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]