Help

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe in Texas on May 06, 2017 at 09:15:25 [URL] [DELETE] :

I am posting this here instead of another page because I don't want to use names or have someone think I'm causing trouble.

There was a post this week where a person was wanting "help" with his newly acquired tractor. From later posts in the same thread it was evident the person did not want help at all. He wanted someone to come and tell him what to do without him doing any work to figure it out himself. OK, that's fine, he made himself pretty clear after a bit.

My point here is there are lots of folks who are like that. Maybe it's part of a new generational thing, dunno, but it's frustrating all the same. Where I work we sell electronic parts, supplies, and related tools. Since the demise of Radio Shack in the area we are getting more customers who are much like the poster here. They come in and expect us to tell them how everything works, how to fix unfixable things, etc. and then get really mad when we explain we sell parts and do not do repairs. "You sell it, don't you know how to use it?!?!?" If pushed, my answer to that is if I knew how to do all these things I could have a much better job charging more than you are willing to pay...

This is only a little rant on the apparent helplessness/laziness of some in the world. On the other hand, if a person is willing to pay for the so called help, then by all means bring it on. I think one of the replies was short and very appropriate: "Sorry to have bothered you..." or something to that effect.

After the fact I have noticed that the same ones who wanted the free advice, and ultimately work done for free, are often left out and kinda lonely. Wonder why...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]