Here's one for ya...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BlasterStumps on April 20, 2017 at 13:20:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

My wife and I wanted to get a little cash to take with us on a trip we were planning in March. We pulled into the credit union drive thru and put our request in the tube and sent it inside. We sat there waiting for some time and stared wondering what the! My wife noticed several people looking out the window towards us as we were waiting. Finally after quite an extended time waiting, a woman from inside came walking out around the side of the building and came up to the window of our truck. She proceeded to tell us that the credit union had received notification from the Social Security Admin. that my wife had deceased!! That caught us both by surprise, I got to tell ya. That explained the long wait at the drive thru. They were trying to determine if that was my wife for sure in the truck with me.
Okay, so no one from the credit union called me to let me know that they had received this notice from SS. On top of that, when they got the notice, it instructed the CU to send my wife's SS payments for the first two months of the year back to SS. Needless to say, our account at the CU took a bit hit while this took place because we were still buying groceries, gas and the like during this time. We had to immediately do a transfer from savings into checking because our checking balance was 0.
We went directly to the SS office and talked with them there. They started the process to get her back into the system. Howsomeever, it has been since March 13th 'til now and no payments have been put back in our account from SS. She has been regularly following up with SS and has an ID and fraud service working on this as well.
A follow up call to the SS this morning yielded a big (sorry, can't do anything more for at least 30 more days. The payment center has it on their work logs and we can't do anything.) Oh lovely!
We are thinking now that to get a fire lit under these people, we may need to go to a news agency and tell the story, or, possibly get in touch with our representative in Washington DC. We are going to make some waves on this real soon, that's for sure.
Wish us luck.
Mike in CO

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]