Re: My day so far.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bruce(OR) on April 12, 2017 at 16:53:22 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: My day so far. posted by Island Mike on April 12, 2017 at 15:11:53:

My day? Burnt two boxes just a few minutes ago just not to have to deal with Styrofoam peanuts and packing parafinelia. The wife went to the eye Dr. again with a cornea infection. I offered to drive and she declined. I am waiting for a release to go back to work from the Dr.
It seems my white blood count was way too low on the last blood check and they declined. So as we were leaving the Dr. office yesterday, I got another blood check and now the numbers are high enough to go back. The tumor meanwhile is 1/2 the size of original and the Doc's are somewhat bewildered as to the next course of action. Surgery is still not an option. Radiation is off the table and that, as far as I can tell, brings us back to more chemo. The wife is going in pursuit of a second opinion and see if the med plan will pay for a second opinion on the outside. I guess an ol' fa*t such as myself, is not suppose to get this type of tumor and...something else. At any rate, I got called an enigma yesterday because I stumped them. Maybe that second opinion is in order. I just hope I am not directly paying for it.
So here I sit thinking this could be the beginning of the end. Now the question is, do I get things wrapped up? Or continue on believing that I am going to get cured?
If I wrap this up, I will be tossing a whole bunch of items I really, really desire to retain as of now. If I wait until I am sick enough to know the end is just around the corner, then I might be too ill to do anything about it.
The wife has been making noises about all this "junk" long before this came up.
I told her long ago, when I go, call the scrap man and have fun.
She said, "Your NOT funny."
Ah, the phone is ringing and it's the Dr. office. Speak to the machine. 12 inches away and please leave a message. It now appears that I have a release to go back to work. I just have to drive to the far side of town to pick it up.
Think I will take the wife to a movie today. It's raining out there now and more wet/dry scheduled for the day.
Back to the junk. Well... I think I will continue into the belief that this is going to get better. I had better do that. I just dropped the engine block off at the machine shop for the 881D. Pray for the best, plan for the worst? if I was planning, I would plan on making a scrap pile. Other that the 3-8N's, 1-9N and the 2N with an FEL on it siting out there....The junk TO-20...who said I'm not at least, having fun??

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]