Help with info on lempco 60 ton press

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Beth and Allen on March 08, 2017 at 19:13:16 [URL] [DELETE] :

I recent acquired a Lempco series 400A, press#2921, 60 ton hydraulic press. It was sent to a shop for repairs a couple of years ago but while it was out the company bought a new press. So when this one came back they just set it out back and left it. Unfortunately it sat out in the weather for 2 years totally uncovered. The jack handle is cast iron and was broken some how while setting. I've been able to make a new one out of box tubing using the pieces of the old one as a pattern. the handle has 3 pins thru it ,1st one is where it attaches to the frame the other 2 pins attach to 2 plungers, which I'm told is a high and low speed set up. there are 2 valves that are marked open close.I've only been able to get one of the plungers to move, I suspect rust has the other one jammed. Does anyone have a manual or any information on these old presses? I would like to get working again I got it( SO )cheap I can invest some money in repairs and still be way ahead of the game. this is one heck of a press,I used it a couple of times about 5 years ago. But no one can remember why it was sent out to be repaired. I have found a couple of places that still make some parts for this old press but I'd like to get as much info as I can before I start tearing it apart to work on it. Thanks God Bless, Beth and Allen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Off Topics Forum ] [ FAQ ]