Re: Front Bumpers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kimberly on March 23, 2021 at 12:47:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Front Bumpers posted by Tim Daley(MI) on March 23, 2021 at 10:55:56:

Thanks Tim; you are the man to go to on these old 8Ns. I thought that bumper wasn't correct. I am wondering if it was on the tractor when Dad acquired it or if there wasn't a front grill guard and Dad went to a salvage yard and found one and installed it. I am going to hunt for old family photos and see if I can find a photo with the tractor in it.

I did find a replica front bumper/guard on flea bay for $288.99; that does include shipping. I am not that concern with the one on the Old Girl being incorrect at this time.

This old tractor does have some peculiarities. For example, in your first photo you can see your oil filler tube; your tractor has a long filler tube but my 8N has a short oil filler tube. When did the oil filler tube change? I am wondering why my is different; perhaps it got damaged and again Dad; or previous owner, went to a salvage yard and got a replacement.

If I ever do decide to restore the tractor as original, I would want everything correct. For now I just want a work machine and it is interesting to see the little things that has happened to the tractor since rolling off of the assembly line.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]