Re: Happy Birthday - FORD Mustang

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Bruce Sturner on May 08, 2018 at 01:52:33 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Happy Birthday - FORD Mustang posted by Tim Daley(MI) on April 17, 2018 at 10:01:26:

Still looks beautiful. Say, I was reading some old posts about Sherman Products. (did a google search for fun) - read some of your posts around 2013 about the plant. My father and his brother worked as draftsmen at Sherman Products in the 50's. He worked at National Twist Drill prior to that, then after Sherman Products went to Chrysler Tank Division as an engineer. I remember him being talking about the steering mechanism that allowed farmers to drive over furrows with out the steering wheel going back and forth. I remember also the step down transmission, the digger and the forklift attachment. He told me in the south back in those days the concrete floors were poured so thin in warehouses that the forklifts of that era were too heavy and would crack the floors. The 8Ns and 9Ns were lighter and they sold many of the forklift attachments down south.
My grandfather worked in the 8N plant as well. We lived in Berkley until my Dad got a job offer at Hiller Helicopters in Palo Alto CA - and out west we went. Had an uncle and aunt that lived in Clawson. I will look through my Dad's stuff for Sherman Products brochures. I remember seeing some years ago. My dad saved everything. Thanks for taking me back a ways. I live in Oregon now and everytime I see an 8N or 9N I think of dad and grandpa.
Dave Sturner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]