Ford Tractors in media

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SelectOSpeed on April 23, 2016 at 07:33:52 [URL] [DELETE] :

This may have been discussed before, but its something I've always wanted to post. My fascination with Ford tractors began at a very early age, so extensive that I looked for them everywhere I went, plus on television, magazines, books, and movies. The following is a listing of where I have noticed Ford Tractors on screen over the years starting with my earliest recollection. The Real McCoys, a Model 850 which was in many episodes. Green Acres...the venerable Fordson which was renamed "Hoyt-Claxton" in the show, plus the new Commander 6000 with a cab that was mistakingly delivered to Mr.Ziffel.It is interesting to note that in the opening sequence of the show,Mr Douglas drives up on a John Deere GP. I have always surmised that since FoMoCo furnished vehicles for the show, the Fordson replaced the JD. The detective show Cannon had an episode in which a late model 4000 can be seen grading a horse racetrack. A "Killer Bee" movie that begins with a man on a 640 trying to pull a stump with the Bees hanging out in a tree overhead. That didn't work out good for him. Walking Tall...Buford takes the family on a picnic driving a 640 PAINTED BLUE AND DECALED FORD 2000 !! A CRIME BUFORD!!...Of course the 8N in Son In Law. The A Cappella group Home Free has two videos with a 971D SOS, WooHoo ! The book "Iron Fist" the story of Carl Kiekhaffer, at the end of the last chapter, has a pic of Carl Bush Hogging with a a 801D. These are the ones that stick in my mind the most. How about you guys? I'm sure I've forgotten others. FWIW. SoS.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:
Name   : 
E-Mail : 
Subject: 
Message: To add a single image to your post, click here. To add multiple images to your post, click here. Optional Link URL : http://www.yourwebsite.com Link Title : Website Title Optional Image URL: http://www.myimages.com/mypic.jpg
Enter image characters into the text box.

Press Preview Message button below to proofread message & check if images and/or links are shown before posting message. Press
browser's back button if correction is needed. Press Post Message button on Preview Message page to finalized your post. Thanks!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]