Here's a vintage photo of the Ferguson Park complex on Southfield Rd. in Detroit, Michigan. The first US built Ferguson TO20 tractor rolled off the line here in early 1948. With the success of the TE20 in the UK, Ferguson decided to build a plant in Detroit to compete with the Ford 2N Tractor being built nearby at the Highland Park plant. The Ford Rouge Complex is just a stones throw away in nearby Dearborn. Ferguson built tractors here up until they finally closed in the '80's under the name Massey-Ferguson. Around 1955 Ferguson had merged with Massey-Harris and moved a lot of operations to Canada but kept the plant in Detroit for sub assemblies and such. The buildings still stand today but now owned privately and are used for warehouses. Thanks to our friends at the Ferguson club, FENA, for sharing this photo.
Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1371216704">