Ford Flat Rock Lamp Factory

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Daley(MI) on June 29, 2008 at 19:36:45 [URL] [DELETE] :

On June 21, 2008 in Flat Rock, Michigan, there was a dedication by the state with a commemorative plaque and on hand were, from left to right, Marvin Baumann, Dave Schafer, and Bob Kriepke. The lamp factory made lamps for Ford cars, trucks, and tractors. Marvin is a F/FCA member and a well-known Ford 8N Tractor guru involved in research at the Henry Ford and Benson Ford research center. He has spent many personal hours going over the archives there to verify prints trying to get data on tractor production mostly. Unfortunately much data is no longer available, lost or destroyed over the years. New Holland got the tractor data files from Ford and stored it outside in trailers and they got ruined by weather, rain, snow or fire. Dave Schafer, Ford/Fordson Collectors Association member and longtime Ford tractor buff is fortunate to own a 9N with serial number *9N375* given to his father by Henry Ford himself as a gift because they used Daves' dads farm to film a lot of the 9N shots in promo catalogs etc. Bob Kriepke is a historian for Ford Motor Company. There is an article on the Flat Rock Lamp Factory in the Ford/Fordson Collectors Association Journal, Spring 2008 edition. I will see if we can get permission to reprint it here.

L-R Marvin Baumann, Dave Schafer, Bob Kriepke.

Tim Daley(MI)
*9N653I* & *8NI55I3*

Follow Ups:

Subject:

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.

[ N History Forum ] [ FAQ ]