Re: 8N Radiator plug

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff In Maine on July 14, 2012 at 22:57:59 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: 8N Radiator plug posted by Gaspump on July 13, 2012 at 17:40:24:

Today's conclusion: I removed the radiator, took it to NAPA where, lo and behold, a 12 mm plug--that's METRIC, y'all--fit just fine. I didn't see "made in China" or similar stamped on the radiator, which is a bit beat up and re-welded, but that was the answer. I put in a 1" long (or what's that, 2.54 cm?) bolt with an O-ring, tightened it up and re-installed. Re-filled it, ran it a few minutes and no leaks, at least for now.
I won't be draining it again any time soon, I can tell you. Just keep the anti-freeze in it.
My only problem was installing the hood. Could only get the top 2 bolts in. Those bottom two, one each side of the steering panel? No way. There is a slight flange that apparently is supposed to protrude and slide between the steering panel sheet metal and the back up piece. I'd have to spread the hood to align the flange and slip that in. That's a later project. Much later; I just left the 2 bolts out.

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1342321078">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]