Re: Rim Guard in my 8N tires......

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed Gooding (VA) on June 30, 2012 at 07:53:21 [URL] [DELETE] :

In Reply to: Re: Rim Guard in my 8N tires...... posted by David on June 29, 2012 at 14:04:11:

David, here's some info that I have on rear wheel weights. This first bit of info is from a Ford Tractor ad brochure on their "Vari-weight" system, that most of us refer to a pie weights because the system is sectioned into pie-shape pieces that you bolt onto a plate this is bolted to your wheel. It's gives you more options as to how much weight you use, based the job and the surface that you are working on. For example, you may want all the weight for plowing, moving snow, counter-weighting a loader, etc. If you are mowing on wet turf, you may opt to remove the weights to not mar the turf up as bad.

This ad is intended for Hundred Series tractors. You would not want the 45-pound segments for your 8N, but the 30-pound segments would work well:

Here's a pic of an NAA with some of the pie segments installed:

Here's what a full set will look like when installed:

You do have other options for rear weights. I don't think they are as versatile as the pie weights, but will note them here so you can recognize them if you see them.

These are manufactured by Roloff:

These are installed on the inside of the rear wheel:

Here's a two-piece set of weights that also mount on the inside of the rear wheel. I think both sections weigh at least 100 pounds:

Here's another option that is installed on the inside of the rear axle, not on the wheel:

Hope this helps............Ed
'52 8N475798

Follow Ups:

Subject: :

Posting not permitted in the forum archives.<1341057201">

[ N Board Forum ] [ FAQ ]